Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2017-2018; Government of West Bengal (Higher Education, Science & Technology and Biotechnology Department) provides financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students of West Bengal to pursue their higher studies. The Scheme benefits the students of Higher Secondary, Under Graduate (General Degree), Post Graduate (General Degree), Under Graduate level in Engineering, Medical and Technical / Professional courses, Students pursuing M.Phil courses and Doctoral courses (NON-NET JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW and NET-LECTURERSHIP) from State-aided Institutions, Kanyashree recipients (K-2) pursuing Post Graduate courses etc.
Apply Online for Bikash Bhaban Swami Vivekananda Scholarship for Session 2017 -2018
Important Dates :
■ Online Application Started on September 11, 2017
■ Last Date to Apply Online: November 30, 2017
Very Important Information regarding SVMCM Scholarship :
- There is no OFFLINE Application Form of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship is available. Only Application through Online mode is accepted.
- After Application, There will be no need to submit the hard copy of the application.
- Scholarship Amount will be credited to the bank account as provided at the time of online application through Direct Beneficiary Transfer.
- Kanyashree (K-3 competent) applicants are not required to submit Income Declaration Affidavit or Income Certificate/Proof.
- Candidates opting for these scholarships and found eligible, will not be allowed to enjoy any other governmental (central/state) scholarship or stipend for the same course/stage of the study. However, one time grants or assistance received from any source, or free or partly-free studentship allowed by the host institutions will not debar the students from availing of the benefits of this scheme.
Criteria/Scheme of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship :
Income Criteria: The upper ceiling for family income has been fixed at Rs. 2,50,000/- per annum (of financial year 2016-2017).
Educational Merit Criteria (level wise) as follows :
#1) For Scholarship at Higher Secondary level (@Rs. 1000/- per month)
Candidates must obtain at least 75% marks in aggregate in Madhyamik Pariksha or its equivalent as stated above excluding optional elective subjects. Students who are enrolled in Class XI or its equivalent course on passing Madhyamik Pariksha or its equivalent examination in 2017 are eligible to apply.
#2) For Scholarship at Undergraduate level (@Rs. 1000/- to Rs. 5000/- per month)
Candidates must obtain at least 75% marks in aggregate (Best of five). Students who are enrolled in the first year of an Undergraduate course in Engineering/Medical/General Education/ G.N.M. Nursing/ Para Medical Diploma Course under the aegis of Directorate of Medical Education after passing the H.S Examination or its equivalent Examination in 2017 are eligible to apply.
#3) For Scholarship at Diploma (Polytechnic) level (@Rs. 1500/- per month)
Students who are enrolled after passing out in Secondary (M.P) examination or its equivalent as stated above in 2017 for first year Diploma (Polytechnic) courses [H.S. Examination or its equivalent for Diploma in 1) Pharmacy, 2) Modern Office Practice & Management and 3) 3-D Animation & Graphics of 2 year duration] and after passing out H.S. (Vocational) courses from “West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education & Skill Development (erstwhile West Bengal State Council of Vocational Education and Training)” courses which is equivalent to H.S. Examination for 2nd year Diploma (Polytechnic) courses on lateral entry basis, will be eligible to apply. Candidates must obtain at least 75% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination [excluding the marks secured in the optional elective subject, if any]. The Diploma (Polytechnic) courses of the State have to be approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and affiliated to West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education & Skill Development (WBSCT&VE&SD), a Statutory Body under the Department of Technical Education, Training and Skill Development, Government of West Bengal.
#4) For Scholarship at Postgraduate level (@Rs. 2000/- to Rs. 5000/- per month)
Candidates must obtain at least 53% marks in Honours subjects at the Graduation level in General Education (55% marks in Graduation level in Honours subject of Engineering students) in the year 2017 who are enrolled in the first year class of Post Graduate course in General Education /Engineering, are eligible to apply.
#5) For Kanyashree applicants (K-3 component) (@Rs. 2000/- to Rs. 2500/- per month)
Kanyashree recipients with valid sanctioned K-2 ID pursuing Post Graduate courses in Science, Arts and Commerce stream from Universities of this State must obtain at graduation level 45% marks in aggregate from Institutions of this State in the year 2017are eligible to apply. There is no need to submit income certificate and income affidavit in respect of Kanayashree (K-3) applicant.
#6) For M.Phil/ NON-NET/NET-LS Research Fellow (@Rs. 5000/- to Rs. 8000/- per month)
Students pursuing the course from State-aided Institutions of higher learning in the financial year 2017 onwards and whose date of registration/date of enrollment (Ph.D candidate/M.Phil candidate) is 01.04.2017 and onwards are eligible to apply. The concerned Institutes will forward the name of the candidates in requisite proforma- Name of the Candidate, Date of Registration in Ph.D./ M. Phil., Mobile No. of the candidate, email of the candidate, the name of the Bank and branch of the candidate along with Bank Account Number and IFS code, Period of claim (from ______ to ________ ) to the office of the DPI, WB (Scholarship Section) (e-mail: email@example.com).
Requisites for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Online Application :
✿ Scanned Copy of Photo & Signature (Separately) in .JPG/.JPEG format will be required at the time of online application. Scanned Photo Size is to be within 20Kb to 50 Kb and Size of Scanned Signature is to be within 10 Kb to 20 Kb.
✿ Scanned copy of following documents in .pdf format (within 1MB file size) will be required at the time of Online Application for SVMCMS.
■ Documents to be uploaded for Fresh and Kanyashree Application :
- Admit Card of Madhyamik Examination or its equivalent.
- Mark sheet of Madhyamik Examination or its equivalent (Both sides).
- Admit Card of last Board /Council /University /College examination.
- Mark sheet of last Board /Council /University /College examination (Both sides).
- Domicile certificate as Aadhaar ID /Voter ID /Ration card /Certificate Issued by the concerned authority.
- Scanned copy of Bank Passbook (1st Page, containing A/C No.)
- Income certificate of the family (Not Applicable for Kanyashree).
- Income Certificate Affidavit (Not Applicable for Kanyashree).
■ Documents to be uploaded for Renewal Application :
- Copy of the Mark sheet of the last examination in the present course of study (Both sides and in case of semester examination system, year wise semester Mark sheets).
- Admission receipt for the promotion to the next higher class.
- 1st page of the Bank Passbook and the leaf of the Passbook in which the credited Scholarship amount of last year has been shown.
Scholarship Amount :
|LEVEL||COURSE||RATE PER MONTH (RS.)|
|UG (OTHER PROFESSIONAL COURSES, UGC APPROVED)||1500/-|
|PG (OTHER PROFESSIONAL COURSES, UGC APPROVED)||2500/-|
|NON-NET M.PHIL./NON NET PH.D.||5000/- / 8000/-|
|DTE||UG (ENGG.), PG (ENGG.) AND OTHER PROFESSIONAL COURSES (AICTE APPROVED)||5000/-|
|DME||UG (MEDICAL-DEGREE) AND DIPLOMA COURSES||5000/- AND 1500/- RESPECTIVELY|
How to Apply Online for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship of West Bengal
Before you start filling online application of Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum-Means Scholarship you should verify your eligibility and keep handy. When you are ready, visit the official website (http://svmcm.wbhed.gov.in) to register your Scholarship Application.
Contact Details of Scholarship Disbursing Agency :
Government of West Bengal
Higher Education, Science & Technology and Biotechnology Department
Bikash Bhavan, 6th Floor, Salt Lake, Kolkata 700091.
SVMCM Helpdesk :
Contact : 1800 102 8014 (11 A.M to 4 P.M except Sundays)
List & Link of Official Websites related to WB SVMCM Scholarship :
Source: Visit to official website is advised for further information before proceeding. All the information stated herein is derived from http://www.svmcm.wbhed.gov.in